Friday, March 20, 2009

I still got it...

So I've been in Phuket for about a week on my own, and have been enjoying the beach and relaxation for sure. I took a day trip yesterday to the islands where they shot the movie "The Beach" with Leo Dicaps. The islands are called Ko Phi Phi; they're real, and they're spectacular. For serious. I will post pictures next. But, I wanted to share an interaction I had with you, just to explain how I am still sexy as hell. And I am going to fast forward the conversation for comedic relief:

Part one: Lunch stop of day trip on the island


Me: Hey man do you have the time?
CJ: No, my watch is still in Phillipino time. Hey are you alone? Come join me and my friend...
Me: Well, I'm going to lay out for a bit...maybe i'll see you later.

(After laying out for 10 minutes, I notice him staring...I mean, staring)

Me: (Meekly waves)
CJ: (of course, waves back)

Me: (Walks over to where CJ is...(I figured I was obligated to?))
Me: Man it's hot out here...I'm sweating
CJ: Yea...(using me as man-candy)
Me: (Notices "friend)
CJ: Hey, this is my friend...
Me: (Notices he is a 68 year old Phillipino man)


Here CJ and I discuss my life and trip...he thinks I am brave for being on a trip alone...after me repeatedly telling him that I am not really alone, but he is persistent. Also, he thinks I am "cool" for working in tennis before I left. Damn I am on a roll here. He also thinks we should meet up later.

Part 2: Boat ride back to mainland

CJ: (Sits down next to me, squashing my foolproof "Ipod will scare away people who think we're friends strategy"...) (Also brings me a cup of water)
Me: Here you go...(offering water back)
CJ: No, that's for you...do you like it?
Me: Water? Yea water is good

If you don't know this yet, I should come clean. CJ is a man. He is very socially awkward, a little forward, and smothering. His "friend" is creepy and old. I have been uncomfortable from the 2nd minute we knew each other, but I don't know how to avoid him.

CJ: So, we should hang out tonight!
Me: Umm...yea that's cool (this is not smart...)
CJ: Well, (touches hand to my forearm...lingers there for hours...(seconds))
CJ: Here's my room number and my hotel. I'll wait for you tonight.
Me: Sure, umm...how's 9pm...i'll meet up with you.

Breathe easy. I chickened out. I figured that while he most likely wanted to play Scrabble with me, I just wasn't up for a game. And that's all I want to say about that.

2 comments:

Mike Barrett said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa this should be available on dvd!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha