Friday, January 9, 2009

Favorite People Awards

Ok, so I've been feeling a little unmotivated with the blog recently due to the fact that I haven't taken one picture in Oz yet. I will, I'm just really lazy, ok? So in lieu of real information to give you, I will attempt to summarize some of the interesting people that I've met thus far...

Go:
Go is one of the most hilarious and crazy people i've met. He is Japanese and dances like a maniac. We went to the club a few times and he proceeded to dance like he was fighting his way out of a paper bag. The funniest part was when two other Japanese girls seemed really into it. He never made the move though. I would also pay a good amount of money to know what was going on inside his head during the day, in a Dwight Schrute kind of way. He's also one of the nicest guys around, and a good friend...but someone I will and could never forget.

Jeff: He worked at reception at the backpackers for a few weeks. A portly American fellow, he threaten to stab someone who was staying in his room. He also fancied his San Diego Chargers 2005 Division Champions T-Shirt.

Paul:
My Chinese boss for 1 day on the vineyards. Though we never connected on the level I thought we could, I will also remember him running through the vineyards inspecting my work while I thought of 84 ways to murder him, both discreetly and extremely publicly.

Will: The drunkest (northern)-Irishman I have ever met. He would come back to the hostel in between 12am-6am every morning mumbling about religion, racism, amongst other things. Most of it was only recognizable to sub-human species, but all was hilarious. There is a 70% chance he does not make it through his 20's.

From Auckland first 2 weeks

Take: My infamous manager at the hostel. I think i've said enough about him, but I'll leave it for good by repeating my last conversation with him:


Me: Take (Teck-A), I got another job as a supervisor on the vineyards, so I have to leave tomorrow (hmmm...that's not really true)
Take: Umm, (scratches head), well, see, this week no good, how about next week?
Me: Well, I have to start this weekend, so I have to leave. There's no other way...I really want this job!
Take: Well, see you give two weeks notice, this more like 1 day's notice.
Me: Right, yes, 1 day's notice. I'm sorry about that.
Take: Hmm...well I understand. Do 2 things. Get someone to work your shift and find another employee and hire them for tomorrow.
Me: Ok! See you later!

1 comment:

Mike Barrett said...

Who was Take's favorite pokemon?