Monday, December 15, 2008

Now make like a tree...

Today marks the last day I will be in New Zealand. Cannot believe I arrived here 2 1/2 months ago already. In a way its like leaving my home. I never thought home would consist of shared rooms with sweaty travelers but somehow it ended up that way. Well, at least temporarily.



So, in the morning I am on my way back to where my traveling bug started in the first place: Australia. 5 years ago I went there and had the most amazing 6 month experience of my life, and shared it with a group of strangers who became lifelong friends. For the past 5 years I've wanted to go back and relive some of those times, and I am finally going to do just that. Mark was one of those people I met there, and it will be amazing to see everything when he arrives early next year. Our other friend Dave will also be there for some of the time as well, and I cannot wait to experience it all.

Ill be working at the Australian Open for a few days in December and for all of January, as an Accreditation/Will Call Assistant. Such a great opportunity to travel and work and I am definitely looking forward to it. You can see me in this video if you look closely:



I've also booked the rest of my travel around the world, and have listed it to the right side of my blog. Check it out and warn me of any potential terror attacks that coincide with my trip. Is that funny? Of course it is.

So goodbye sweet New Zealand...you've been a scenic temptress and I will always remember our times together. Though I'm leaving your bed, I will be sleeping with your neighbor for the next 3 months. Don't be jealous, you're not as sexy when you're jealous. It was good while it lasted.

3 comments:

Sarah Lynn Knowles said...

DAVE

Anonymous said...

You could probably sell that picture to J.P. Morgan if you're running low on funds...

John V said...

I don't see you in that video. But I do see you in my dreams!