Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Catch Phrase Part 2

So, I thought my original list of ridiculous Australian phrases was a little weak, so I went back to the drawing board and did a little more research, i.e. telling my friend to talk in normal conversation with a notepad in hand. So here are the fruits of my labors:

Feral: A suburban-dwelling, nominally white poor person who is perceived as being uneducated, unskilled, uncultured or dependent on social security benefits. This can also be used as an adjective.
My god that guy who grinded on me in the club was so feral.

Pash: Kiss or make out
So when we pashed last night, all I could smell was Taco meat.

Rangas: A redheaded human being
Is it true that 30% of rangas can't count to 18?

Tosser/Wanker: A douchebag, usually of the male variation.
I can't stand that IT guy, he really creeps me out. What a complete tosser and a wanker!

Pay out: To make fun of someone or to play a joke on them.
When I told you I didn't think you looked fat in those jeans, I was just paying you out. (Running away)

Thingo: Thing
Hey, give me that thingo. I'm being serious on this one.

Bogan: Referring to anything hick-like, Steve Irwin/Mick Dundee-ish
My accent is so bogan, I should be siphoning petrol out of someones car.

Munt: To vomit
Cheers for holding my hair when I munted, i'd still make out if you want, you're a pretty handsome bloke.

Pokies: Slot machines
I chose to play the pokies every day because I don't want to spend time with my family.

After Grog Bog: After a night of drinking, you wander into the bathroom and produce one of these **Editor's Pick**
Man, I just had the worst AGB ever, it must've been all the Carlton Draught I drank last night.

I thought these were well worth showing to the world, and I hope you can learn something from it. Mainly that I am clueless half the time I talk to someone, because they undoubtedly use at least one ridiculous saying in each sentence. As a rule of thumb though, I've found that Australians love ended there words in "ie", I think it's to make things sound more fun...so try it out. It really does work. Until the next time...

No comments: